The Entrepreneurial Manager will engage with businesses in target clusters, industries, and/or geographies to promote their growth and success in Central New York. They will serve as the primary point of contact and act as a navigator for businesses and entrepreneurs engaged in CenterState CEO’s Inclusive Growth programs. They will actively work to support all efforts to attract new companies to the region and assist existing companies with job growth and expansion activities by connecting to programs, incentives and resources that catalyze their growth. The Entrepreneurial Manager may assist with the planning and execution of CenterState CEO’s presence at targeted industry trade shows and recruitment events and manage a prospect pipeline. The Entrepreneurship Manager may maintain and develop relationships with industry organizations and relevant industry professionals regionally and nationally, such that the region is effectively represented. The Entrepreneurship Manager will need to have a thorough understanding of the programs of the Inclusive Growth team as well as services provided by other teams at CenterState CEO. Job performance standards for this position will be based on the ability to quickly and effectively respond to inquiries and the attraction/creation of jobs and capital investment by client businesses.
FLSA Classification/Status: Exempt/Full-time
Division/Department: Inclusive Growth
Reports to: VP Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000
To apply: Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (additional duties may be assigned)
- Serve as the primary point of contact and guidance for clients engaging in Inclusive Growth programming and work collaboratively with the Business Advisors to develop growth plans and track client progress.
- Populate and maintain a prospect list of interested or potential companies seeking to work with CenterState CEO and its Inclusive Growth programs, and proactively develop opportunities for further engagement.
- Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the local, state, and federal incentives for client businesses.
- Contribute to a cross functional organization that works successfully and efficiently across
- CenterState CEO’s programs, resources, marketing and events and member services.
- Generate reports and manage dashboards in Salesforce CRM for continuous improvement and strategic planning purposes.
- Keep current on the various data sets and sources with pertinent demographic and industry information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of deal structuring, equity financing and project financing.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of CenterState CEO’s presence at targeted industry trade shows, recruitment events, and information sessions that adequately and effectively represents CenterState CEO and Central New York.
- Respond to inquiries from clients and prospective businesses by providing, in part, appropriate program, support, site, workforce, community and incentive information.
- Collaborate with regional economic development professionals throughout the CenterState CEO regional footprint to support their entrepreneurial development efforts.
- Provide support to Inclusive Growth entrepreneurship programs and for any CenterState CEO administered funds/programs.
- Manage budgets and expenditures for programmatic work and administer grants from implementation through reimbursement/deliverables.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred with three years of experience in economic development, community development, sales, account management or another relevant field required. Professional certification and years of experience at a ratio of 2:1 may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
Passport. International travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of working in an ever-changing flexible work environment with vacillating priorities.
- Outstanding relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 10% of time).
- Strong listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Significant experience utilizing CRM system for inputting, reporting and analyzing data preferred;
- Strong analytic ability; must be able to collect, analyze, manipulate, interpret, report and utilize data.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Experienced at building effective partnerships across diverse stakeholders.
- Work at the highest level of integrity, honesty and openness.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work, verbal communication, using a computer, and/or extensive reading. General office equipment is used.
There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Work is performed in a typical office work environment with outside travel to client/member/prospect locations.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
- CenterState CEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CenterState CEO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status or veteran's status.