Resource Engagement Manager
The Resource Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring effective delivery of programming and resources for the benefit of the community of entrepreneurs served through Inclusive Growth programming. This role oversees and continuously improves upon technical assistance engagements to enhance the services, capacity and quality of client-provider contracts. The Resource Engagement Manager will create and maintain an interactive process to connect program clients with professional services offered by established businesses to complement their program participation and enable programmatic success. The position will manage direct engagement with service providers, including recruitment, retention and evaluation. The position will track the terms of specific client-provider engagements to ensure fees, donated services and in-kind contracts are managed across Inclusive Growth programs and within the terms of agreements with service providers.
Division/Department: Inclusive Growth
Reports To: Vice President of Economic Development
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
To apply: Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive increased engagement and service excellence.
- Serve as the primary contact for CenterState CEO member companies providing technical assistance and Inclusive Growth staff program managers.
- Contribute to a cross functional organization that works successfully and efficiently across programs, resources, events, member services and within the larger CenterState CEO organization.
- Work with the Inclusive Growth leadership team to identify opportunities for service providers to engage with programs, identify service areas to develop additional technical assistance capacity and develop evaluation tools and metrics.
- Serve as the face of Resource Engagement to CenterState CEO members, program clients, and third-party stakeholders and partners.
- Build awareness of resource pool engagement with CenterState CEO membership and facilitate enrollment and metrics reporting as needed.
- Manage allocations of service hours from grant sources, donations and discounted contracts.
- Process invoices and work with Inclusive Growth and CenterState CEO administration and finance staff to oversee contracted services.
- Generate reports and manage dashboards in Salesforce CRM for continuous improvement and strategic planning purposes.
- Guide planning and execution of monitoring key metrics and operational strategy.
- Work with VP of Economic Development and VP of Innovation and Entrepreneurship to identify, research and implement new service offerings and evaluate existing engagements for growth opportunities.
- Manage and continue to improve upon the application, interview and onboarding process for prospective resource pool participants.
- Work to identify education and training gaps in the Resource Pool’s offerings, develop performance outcomes for participants and evaluate strategies and tools to successfully deliver solutions to service providers and program clients.
- Ensure contracts for services are accurate, up to date and reflect mutually agreed scopes of work.
- Maintain familiarity with existing institutional knowledge and best practices from incubators, accelerators, industry and academia.
- Support the Inclusive Growth leadership team with other duties as assigned.
- Support CenterState CEO’s other portfolios when necessary.
- Perform all duties with the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Participate as an active and eager member of a larger team, cooperating and supporting colleagues.
- Oversee the utilization of the Salesforce CRM and associated resource pool components.
- Maintain project documentation and content folders.
Education and Experience:
Associate degree plus 3-5 + years’ experience in operations or management at an economic development or entrepreneurial support organization, chamber of commerce or related experience in program management. Excellent leadership and organizational abilities. Demonstrated success innovating solutions to increase productivity and profitability. Additional years of experience at a ratio of 2:1 may be considered in lieu of an associate degree.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM system preferred.
- Familiarity with Central New York economic development community and relevant New York State programming preferred.
- Clearly demonstrate excellence in interpersonal relationships and emotional intelligence.
- Computer proficiency including Word processing, Excel, spreadsheets and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, both on the telephone and in person.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities, make appropriate decisions and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Work well in a diverse environment.
- Be an enthusiastic self-starter with well-developed administrative, organizational and self-management skills.
- Ability to listen to, understand and follow directions in English.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work, verbal communication, using a computer terminal and/or extensive reading.
- General office equipment is used.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds and push and/or pull up to 20-pound loads at a time relative to event-based equipment.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
There is no exposure to known adverse environmental conditions. Work is performed in a typical office work environment.
Please note: Due to the current pandemic the work environment may be temporarily remote or require the use of a mask or other personal protective equipment while on site.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
CenterState CEO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status or veteran's status.