JMA Wireless CEO Participates In House Energy & Commerce Committee Hearing On America's Wireless Future
Posted on April 21, 2021
April 21, 2021
This morning, the Subcommittee on Communications and Technology of the House Energy & Commerce Committee held a hearing on wireless network security in the U.S. and emerging trends like open, interoperable network infrastructure (O-RAN).
John Mezzalingua, CEO of JMA Wireless, was invited to testify about these trends and JMA's role in America's wireless future. As John explained, the wireless industry in the U.S. is at an inflection point, with new developments in 5G and O-RAN presenting an opportunity for America to re-establish leadership in wireless technology and create high-quality jobs. A few highlights from his testimony are below:
- Importance of O-RAN:
- "As the world transitions to 5G and O-RAN, technological, market, and political forces are aligning to create a new era in communications. The policy choices we make now will determine the new global leaders in this highly strategic industry."
- Unlocking American leadership through virtualization:
- "Now, others on the panel have spoken about O-RAN. But I would submit that what makes it magic is when you take what has been done in hardware and do it in software. We refer to this as virtualization. This is the technology that holds the key to unlocking American leadership."
- Advancing digital equity in Tucson:
- "JMA is deploying a wireless network for the city of Tucson, Arizona, that will provide free, public high-speed internet to 5,000 households and businesses, largely in the school districts most affected by the digital divide. And that’s just the beginning. Using CARES Act funding for the project, Tucson is now poised to become a world-class connected city. We've been talking about the digital divide in America for decades–this is time to solve it–with U.S. companies providing the latest software technology to stretch U.S. taxpayer dollars, to keep its citizens at the forefront of the wired world."
- 5G for the DoD:
- "JMA was also selected by the Pentagon as a supplier for the 5G test network at its Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Georgia. As part of an all-U.S. team that includes Amazon, Cisco, Federated Wireless, JMA deployed our software-based RAN solution for the base's local 5G network, which will support warehouse robotics, barcode scanning, and virtual reality applications."
- Focus on U.S. manufacturing:
- "We believe our government should enact policies that promote American innovation while staying true to our international obligations of fair play. Such policies would assure that projects funded by American taxpayers are awarded to domestic manufacturers."
Read the full testimony here, and learn more about JMA here. Please let me know if you have any questions.
A disruptive force in the wireless industry, JMA is restoring U.S. leadership in wireless technology at a critical time in the transition to 5G. Based in Syracuse, New York, JMA makes the world’s most advanced software-based 5G platform, which it designs, codes, and manufactures in the United States. JMA’s cutting-edge technology—most notably a revolutionary software solution called XRAN—is ushering in a new era of innovation and connectivity for businesses, workers, and ultimately consumers. For more information, visit jmawireless.com.
Other Member News
February 15, 2024
Sensory Friendly Time at The MOST- Part of Micron STEAM Explorers Inclusion Programs
Sensory Friendly Time at the MOST is an opportunity for guests who prefer a quieter, less stimulating environment to enjoy the museum. It's also a great way to socialize with other parents and children.