Red Cross Seeks Blood Transport Volunteers
Posted on April 14, 2021
Delivery the gift of life... literally!
Did you know the Red Cross is responsible for about half the country’s blood supply? What’s more, nearly 90% of everything we do is done and ledby volunteers. We urgently need Blood Transport Volunteers (Transportation Specialists) to help assure more birthdays, more graduations, more weddings, and all those happy moments in peoples’ lives.
· Deliver blood and related products from neighborhood blood drives to manufacturing facility in West Henrietta, NY and/or from Syracuse distribution lab to area hospitals.
· Always on your schedule, using your own vehicle or Red Cross vehicle. Only sign up for routes convenient to you!
· Work independently or with preferred Navigator.
· Free training.
· Valid driver’s license and 3+ years clean driving record.
· Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
· Availability to volunteer 1-2 shifts/month; most shifts 3-6 hours.
· Successful completion of Red Cross volunteer application, including standard background check.
To learn more about this opportunity -- and everything Red Cross -- please email Ned.Bloom@redcross. We look forward to welcoming you to the team.