REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR WORK TRAIN EXPLAINER VIDEO
Posted on December 26, 2018
Proposals due January 11, 2019 5:00 pm
Work Train’s mission is to connect un- and underemployed individuals in Central New York with career opportunities, while helping companies build strong workforces. Work Train is requesting proposals from qualified applicants to create a 2-3 minute explainer video to clearly articulate this mission, work to date and its future path. (See below for additional information in the Organizational Background section). This video should clearly and succinctly communicate the key points of the Work Train initiative to a general audience (including the public, funders, community partner organizations, program participants, and employer partners). Please reference this video as an example. This request for proposals is an open and competitive process. The project requires creative and technical expertise from the selected applicant and a collaborative approach working with the CenterState CEO’s Work Train and Communications staff as messaging and visual content is developed.
Scope of Services Required
- Creation & Review Process:
- Establish an understanding of the Work Train initiative through a review of existing materials and interviewing those connected to the Work Train initiative.
- Engage in an iterative process of brainstorming, storyboarding, script writing, editing and proofing
- Work in partnership with CenterState CEO’s Work Train and Communications staff to ensure alignment with program and organizational vision, that content is accurate, and tone is right for a wide-ranging audience.
- Work Train staff will have final decision-making authority on the product.
- Project Deliverables:
- Completed video in mp4 (or other compatible format) suitable for posting online (websites, YouTube).
Qualifications Submission Requirements
Please provide in your submission:
- Contact Information, including the complete name, address, and telephone numbers of the applicant and for the person who would be the primary contact for this project.
- Qualifications, including the names and qualifications of all professional staff who would be engaged in this project.
- Prior Experience of your firm experience related to this scope of work.
- Project Execution Plan and Timeline, including the date your firm is available to start the work, milestone dates for each of the services described, and project completion date.
- Fees. Please prepare your quotation (total price for completed work) for the video based on:
- Brainstorming and storyboarding
- Script writing and editing
- Voice over acting
- Animation and/or B-roll footage
- Production of final video files in mp4 (or other compatible) format. Include hourly rate for work in excess of that described above
- Any Special Provisions or conditions which could affect either the time schedule or your ability to provide services must be clearly identified with your qualification.
The selection criteria that will be used, in order of importance, is as follows:
- Capability: Demonstrated ability of the applicant to perform all of the required services.
- Qualifications: Individual qualifications and list of proposed personnel for this project as presented by the applicant.
- Experience: The extent and quality of prior relevant experience.
- Availability: Timeliness of the proposed time schedule.
- Fee: Fee proposals will be considered but will not be the sole factor in selection.
Submission Instructions & Deadline
- Please submit proposals to create an “explainer video” about the Work Train program as described in this Request for Proposals (RFP) directly to Karen Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 11, 2019 5:00 pm.
CenterState CEO and its Economic Inclusion Division
CenterState CEO is an independent and forward-thinking economic development strategist, business leadership organization and chamber of commerce, dedicated to the success of its members and the prosperity of the region. CenterState CEO’s work occurs across four major divisions: Business and Economic Development; Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Research Policy and Planning; and Economic Inclusion.
The Economic Inclusion Division at CenterState CEO, formed in 2015, is dedicated to creating thriving communities through increased prosperity for all Central New York residents. To do this work, the Economic Inclusion team convenes and supports partnerships that bring together business and community leadership to address issues of poverty and economic disparity in the region. The work ultimately seeks to translate economic growth into economic opportunity, increased wealth, and improved quality of life within low-income communities. The Economic Inclusion team currently manages initiatives in the realms of Workforce Development, Small Business Development/Entrepreneurship; and Neighborhood Revitalization. Beyond its programmatic work, the Economic Inclusion Division seeks to pursue systems changes and advocate for public policies that advance the goals of economic inclusion.
Work Train Initiative
Work Train is a community workforce initiative dedicated to providing career opportunities for individuals who are unemployed and underemployed, while helping companies build stronger workforces. It serves as a workforce intermediary and strategist – convening businesses, public organizations, and nonprofit entities to forge partnerships to deliver effective and non-duplicative workforce solutions. Work Train has the flexibility to identify workforce challenges, use a design process to develop innovative strategies, and assemble the right teams that are necessary to execute them. Currently, Work Train is focused in the industries of health care, manufacturing, tech, and construction.
Work Train is fiscally sponsored by the United Way of Central New York, staffed by CenterState CEO’s Economic Inclusion Division, and guided by a Collaborative of leaders from philanthropy, business, government and the community.
CEO News | 02/15/2024
A Reflection on the Past Year, from Syracuse Surge Accelerator Program Manager, Emad Rahim
It is hard to believe it has been a full year since we launched the Syracuse Surge Accelerator. In reflecting on this inaugural year, I am incredibly proud of what we have created through this program, and excited to witness its continued…
CEO News | 02/08/2024
Empire State Development Announces Application Window for GENIUS NY Round 8 Now Open
Empire State Development (ESD) announced that GENIUS NY – the world’s largest business accelerator focused on uncrewed aerial systems – is now accepting applications for the eighth round of the year-long program.
CEO News | 01/12/2024
10th Annual Mark J. Palumbo Memorial Clothing Drive, honoring Nancy Premo
CenterState CEO is hosting the 10th annual Mark J. Palumbo Memorial Clothing Drive in honor of Nancy Premo. Bring gently used items, such as winter coats, hats, sweatshirts, gloves, scarfs, sweaters and warm socks to CenterState CEO's…